What is a Resident Agent?
Simply put, a Resident Agent is a person or company that receives Service of Process on behalf of another business. State law requires that every business entity filed with the Secretary of State have a Resident Agent that has a physical address in Nevada and maintains regular business hours.
When you are considering the services of a Resident Agent…here is a list of things you should consider:
- The receipt and forwarding of court documents, lawsuits and other legal documents presented to us by a courier or by mail on behalf of our clients.
- Mail forwarding of First Class Mail (5 or 6 pieces per month) forwarded daily.
- Document filing and retrieval with the Nevada Secretary of State “hand delivered” several times daily.
We do not rely on Courier Services.
- Checking the availability of a name. We have direct access to the Secretary of State’s computer and can usually check your choice within the hour.
- Our Resident Agent address is yours to use as the principal office of your business in Nevada.
It is: 312 W. Fourth Street Carson City, Nevada 89703.
All of these services are included in our Resident Agent fee. Be careful!! Many agencies charge additionally for these services.